So you are ready to take the big step and get a Ecommerce site ready for 2014! That is good news because there is a lot of exciting anticipation for the upcoming year. Now are you ready for a big learning experience?
Perhaps you are new to the internet business world. You are excited but also apprehensive. There is just so much to learn and do you don’t know where to begin. The best way to approach an Ecommerce site is to compare it to an on land business. This way it will be easier for you to understand the differences between a virtual business and a on land business.
Let’s begin the journey to your Ecommerce Site for 2014…..
- Your Ecommerce site is your business so just like an on land business you need a plan. If you have never drawn up a business plan in the past then be sure to watch for our next Ecommerce articles for plan drafting.
- Once you have your business plan in place then you need to think about a domain name. If you already have one that’s fine, even if you don’t think it’s ideal. At one time a lot of focus was put on this but there are so many ways to get your business known that it you can still be very successful without the ideal name. However, the name of your business is what tells people who you are in a nutshell.
- Choosing your Hosting Company is important because you should be expecting to generate a lot of traffic to your website. You want to use a reputable host that is not going to be experiencing a lot of down time. When their server is down then your site is down.
- Now comes the exciting part which is picking your Ecommerce theme. Of course you want your site to be unique. There are lots of ready made themes to choose from that you can customize to put your own uniqueness to it. You could opt to have a theme built for you but then you are looking at quite an expense.
- Wow! Now you are ready to start building your site. This is where it becomes a bit scary. You have a couple of options here. You can go through the entire learning process of how to work and develop your theme, or you can look for a good web developer who is going to do the technical work for you. Which you choose depends more on your time than the cost. If you are not technically minded and get frustrated easily, and don’t have lots of time to spend on the learning process, then go with some web development help.
- Even if you opt for technical help with building your Ecommerce site, you must be fully aware of the process. You need to know the basics of how to maintain your site. You will constantly be changing it as new product and services become available that you want to offer. You don’t want to have to run to a web developer for every little change.
- You have to be committed to marketing your site, which in turn brings the right type of traffic to your site that are most likely to buy. This is a very, very, important ongoing step.
- You need to be socialable just like you would be if you were standing behind the counter of your on land store when a customer arrives. The approach for doing this in a virtual business is a little different however.
Okay, so what we have covered here is the starter journey for getting your Ecommerce website up and running. Now don’t worry if you don’t understand a lot of this. We are going to do full articles here that cover each of these steps in more detail. Also, be sure to check out our Ecommerce services. The policy we have here at Krypton is to offer affordable services for those who are on a limited budget but really need help in getting their business going. We can take this approach because we believe we will profit by helping one small business at a time, without trying to make our fortune off a few clients who have a big budget.