Having the idea that you want to have a business is just the first step to business success. If it is products you are selling then even if you have a on land business you can boost your sales with an Ecommerce site. For today let’s talk about the idea of you only operating a virtual business, and you do not have a location open to the public.
Make no mistake in thinking that you do not need to have a solid business plan in place, or that owning and operating an online business doesn’t take work and dedication. It can be every bit as successful as a brick and mortar business, or even more so.
Let’s start with your plan:
- You need to have your product line. Once you know what your business is going to be about then everything you do from now on will evolve around this.
- How will you deliver the products to your buyers? Are you going to ship them directly, or are you going to use a service like Amazon that will do the shipping for you?
This will determine where you will store your inventory
It will also dictate they type of payment platform that you will need to have set up.
- You are going to have to figure out how much you are going to charge for your products.
You not only have to determine what it is going to cost you to buy the product but you must factor in your other costs as well. For example your admininistrative costs that include the maintenance and operation of your Ecommerce site.
- You need to know who exactly your target market is. Then you need to learn everything about them. This is going to be critical for you to develop a marketing plan. Remember with an Ecommerce site you have to do a lot of online and off line marketing to bring your buyers to you.
- You need to set goals for your first year. Use these as milestones to spur you on to the constant growth that you are going to need to keep you competitive and gain your success.
- Know your competitors. What are their strengths and weaknesses. Capitalize on what they are doing right and don’t make the same mistakes that they do.
- Develop a Company description that speaks about what your Company is all about. You need to develop a unique selling proposition (UPS). In other words what makes you different from your competitors and why should potential customers buy from you.
Once you complete these steps you now have a business roadmap to follow. You have a good solid plan in mind and its ready to put it into action. You are now ready to start the initial steps of building your Ecommerce site.
If you want some help building a fabulous and very success Ecommerce site at an affordable price then be sure to check out our services here at Krypton. We can help with just one segment of your online business or set up the entire site so its ready to go when you are.